{website}

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Real Wedding: Belinda + Denis

It's such a delight to open up an email that features a load of prettiness (yes that's how prettiness is measured in my world...in loads!!) And this one sent in my Joanna Wickham is no exception. Belinda & Denis got married at Cassels in Waitakere, and considering their inspiration involved nature it was the perfect venue for them, being that it's nestled into a gorgeous native garden, and is so close to the beautiful west coast beaches. Belinda is along to kindly share some details of their day...

Tell us about your proposal?
We went to Wellington for a weekend. In the botanic gardens I was busy snapping pictures of beautiful roses and checking out all the names of the varieties. Denis asked me to get a picture of him, I didn’t realise he was actually on one knee in front of a water fountain - he proposed! We couldn’t stop smiling, for weeks.
How did you find your wedding dress?
It was funny. I went into a shop I didn’t intend going to, after an appointment with one of the designers on my list. Mum and my bridesmaids were grabbing dresses for me to try on, it was one of the last I tried. I went back on my own to try it again. Another bride-to-be in the store asked to try it on after me (it was the one and only!) and a lovely old man in the store told me he’d married me if my fiancĂ© pulled out! So, I figured it looked nice. It was so comfortable, I loved the scrunchy tea coloured fabric and could envisage myself getting around in it on the day!

What was the inspiration for your wedding?
The inspiration was nature, spots and fun! I love love love spots so incorporated them on stationery bits and Denis and his groomsmen socks. We love nature, trees, leaves, grass, sand – the garden location and beach was great for bringing this to life. We are always laughing so incorporated light hearted things in to our day too. I hate fuss, so tried to keep it low key and not too formal!

Back with more soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails