{website}

Friday, July 2, 2010

Guest Post: Hi-Fi Weddings

I have a real treat for you on this Friday morning (Thursday? whatever day it is where you are!). The very gorgeous Ashley from Hi-Fi Weddings is sharing a fabulous music mix with us. Now I'm the first to admit I'm a little on the naff side when it comes to music (not really in the know if you get what I mean), so that's why I rely on music gurus like Ashley to point me in directions I might otherwise never have gone! So without further adieu...

Hello lovely readers! My name is Ashley Vaughn and I'm with Hi-Fi Weddings. Kate was so generous to ask me to contribute a lil' something to her lovely blog! Today I'd like to share with you the mix my husband and I made for our four year anniversary this year! Music was a HUGE part of our wedding, and what we actually spent the most time on. And over at Hi-Fi Weddings, that's what we care about the most - your Big Day Soundtrack!

Four years ago I said "I do" to my best friend. These past years have been nothing short of a whirlwind of excitement and clarity and love. 6 years ago I heard Andy's laugh before I ever saw his face and my heart skipped a beat. After our first conversation (about music...what else?) I was pretty hooked on this man. We ended up hanging out every single day together and became the best of friends. The friendship quickly blossomed into romance and before we knew it we were standing on the stone steps exchanging vows.

So 4 years, 3 kitties, 2 houses, and one helluva connection we are still going strong. I'm not really sure when the "honeymoon feeling" is supposed to wear off, but it feels like it's only gotten more intense. We have started two business (photo/design & a record store), restored 2 houses (one we sold to buy the one we're still working on), planted gardens, taken road trips, performed in shows, gone to festivals, started bands, started blogs (hey y'all!), and a slew of other awesome stuff. I can only anticipate what's in store for us as we continue down this path called life!

To celebrate our anniversary, we thought it would be fun to compile a mix of songs from the past four years! Each song has a memory attached to it so this was like a fun skip down memory lane!


Big Star - In the Street
Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood - Ladybird
The Byrds - You Ain't Going Nowhere
The Zombies - This Will Be Our Year
Smith Westerns - Imagine Pt. 3
Radiohead - Bodysnatchers
Kurt Vile - Freeway
Nobunny - Apple Tree
Diamond Rings - All Yr Songs
Pine Hill Haints - Never Gonna Die
Fresh & Onlys - Peacock & Wing
M.I.A. - Pull up the People
The Botticellis - Awaiting on you All
Dutchess and the Duke - Reservoir Park
The Moldy Peaches - Steak for Chicken
King Tuff - Sun Medallion
The Cool Kids - What Up Man
Phosphorescent - I Gotta Get Drunk
King Khan & BBQ - Love You So
Thomas Function - Waverly
Quintron & Ms. Pussycat - Waterfall
Bonnie Prince Billy - I Am Goodbye
The Pica Beats - Poor Old Ra
John Prine & Iris Dement - In Spite of Ourselves

Photo by White Rabbit Studios

2 comments:

Brancoprata said...

You guys amaze me with your music choices!!!!! Love..... ;)

postcards and pretties said...

i agree with sofia... great music selection...love sun medallion!

Related Posts with Thumbnails