{website}

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Old Hollywood Glamour meets South Island NZ!!

Kirsten was an absolute gem to work with, like seriously one of my nicest clients ever. I've never actually met her - we did everything remotely as she and Tim live in the South Island but once I saw these photos of her... well I was somewhat blown away. You kind of build up an image of someone when you have been dealing with them for months over email, and lets just say Kirsten's beauty shines bright from the inside out! And imagine my delight when just before their big day I discovered that their photographer was none other than the brilliant Fiona Andersen - who only weeks earlier had become my latest and greatest penpal.... and truly remains the greatest to this day!
I love the old school glamour of this wedding; simple, classic and ever so beautiful! Claremont Castle in Timaru serves as the perfect backdrop for such an elegant affair.



Kirsten shares some information about their day with us;
"I don’t think there was one single inspiration. I knew what I wanted from the start – I love pearls, crystals, silver, black, candelabra, and of course the white had to be in there too! My Ruby & Willow invitation (chandelier) was pretty inspirational as we had chandeliers in the marquee, and it tied in quite well with the Castle Venue. One of my biggest inspirations was my friend Tamara who helped me find all of my decorations (right down to fabric for the table runners!) – we worked really well together and although Tamara was a guest she also turned out to be wedding co-ordinator extraordinaire when it came to lead up preparation, set up and pack up. I couldn’t have done it without her.
We saved money on favours by buying black balls from Bin Inn and Pak n Save, packaging them in organza bags and attaching gorgeous little Ruby & Willow place tags thereby combining the favours with the place settings.



My bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets were white freesias and roses and a big white hydrangea combined with bluegum and a bit of greenery. The boys had freesias for button holes, and on the tables we had antique glass vases of white Hydrangeas and antique glass votives of white freesias. We also had 120 head of white roses on our cake which looked amazing.



Back later today with more...

8 comments:

Gaby - Cap Classique said...

Ok, I LOVE this wedding. Serious love. If you're going for glam, this is so the way to do it! Love the bride's dress (hair and makeup too), her bridesmaid styling, the bouquets, the flowers on the tables, the car... and of course love your stationery! Seriously, seriously gorgeous, all of it!

postcards and pretties said...

super glamorous and elegant..i love her centerpieces & the bride's makeup & hair was impeccable.

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

This is just so wonderful! It's all sorts of lovely!!

forget.me.knot.weddings said...

Lovely wedding with a touch of glam but softness too!

www.velaimages.com said...

Stunning wedding, stunning bride, stunning styling and of course stunning photography! Greta

kate said...

Lovely x

Brancoprata said...

The venue looks perfect!!!! I love the decor!

Life,Styled said...

You can never go wrong with old hollywood glam!!! This is gorgeous...every details are perfect.

xoxo
kristi

Related Posts with Thumbnails