{website}

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mississippi wedding by Annabella Charles

Today's lovely wedding from Annabella Charles is a little different to the ones I usually post on here but I thought it would make a nice change up. How adorable is the brides dress?  And I love the fact that they had a 'leaf girl' rather than a 'flower girl' since it was autumn! So cute! Danny and Holly prove that you really can pull off a gorgeous wedding planned in an incredibly short amount of time! Two months between engagement and actual wedding! Holly tells us more about their special day...

Danny and I had been best friends since fifth grade. We graduated together and parted ways to go off to school. We had both moved back home and one day I called to invite him over to catch up. We’ve been together since and we’re still each other’s best friend!

We knew we wanted to be together forever only a few weeks after we started dating. We started looking for a house, which we thought would be a long process. We were wrong. We found a house very quickly and since we wanted to be married before living together, we had a very short time frame to pull a wedding together. We were engaged on August 18, 2011, closed on our house September 24th and married on October 21, 2011. My mom took charge of planning and just left the final decisions to us. We told her that we wanted a fall themed, outside wedding and she ran with it. My mom and I have very similar taste so I knew she would make it just perfect! The one thing I told her I absolutely must have were the mason jars hanging from the tree we would be married under. She made almost every single decoration we used! As she got all her ideas together, she showed me things she found and I would pick one or say “yes” or “no”. My sweet cousins were our ring bearer and “leaf” girl. Since our wedding had a fall theme I found it more appropriate to have a leaf girl instead of a flower girl and it turned out just perfect. She dropped glittered leaves as she walked before me. My brother walked me down the aisle and gave me away. I couldn’t ask for a better brother. My mom made our short notice wedding possible and I can’t thank her enough for all she did!


Our venue was the Snowden House. It is a cute, little, white house located in the Snowden Grove Park. The landscape of the house has lots of trees so it was great for an outside fall wedding.

I found my dress the day after he proposed. It was very fast, but I knew what I was looking for. I wanted my wedding to be a good time and I felt like my dress should reflect that. I also love the 50’s style so when I laid eyes on that dress I knew it was mine. It was perfect. The hat, I found at Ballew in Collierville, Tennessee, the same place I found my dress. The dress just wouldn’t have been complete without it. The hat was definitely my favorite part! I found the shoes at Dillards. I had originally picked out a sequin pair. It only took me two seconds to pick the pair I ended up wearing. They were the last pair and I wasn’t going to risk anyone else getting them!


My Mom and Grandmother cooked or made just about everything we had! My great-aunt and one of my Mom’s friends from work used to do catering so they made sure the punch bowl and food plates stayed full during the reception. They were the caterers pretty much! We had fruit and pretzels to dip in a chocolate fountain that I already owned, punch, coffee, pork tenderloin on rolls, chicken salad croissants, meatballs, onion dip, spinach and artichoke dip, and fresh fruit.


We “diy-ed” almost everything! From Party Favors of small bags of candy corn tied with a brown ribbon, Centerpieces of wheat bunches tied with an orange ribbon and silk leaves spread around the center of the table to Mason Jar Lanterns; Mason jars with wire to hang them, rice and a fake tea candle inside and Aisle Chair Bouquets, made with one silk sunflower, wheat grass, silk leaves, paper flowers, and tied together with ivory and brown ribbon.




Photographer | Annabella Charles, Dress & Hat | Ballew, Tennessee, Brides shoes | Dillards, Grooms Suit | Men's Warehouse, Invitations | Jenkins' Graphics, Bridesmaids Dresses | David's Bridal, Flowers | Busy Bee Flowers & Gifts, Iron Arch & Lanterns | Affordable Party Rentals

5 comments:

A Crimson Kiss said...

I just LOVE this wedding! That dress is simply perfect!

Jessica said...

The altar set-up is so pretty!

engagement ring said...

Love thsi wedding, so pretty and the brides dress is so pretty. From jewellers

prom dresses said...

So beautiful wedding! Love her dress! And the candle details are my favorite!! Nice ideas!!

annabella charles said...

xoxox.. thanks so much for the feature

Related Posts with Thumbnails