{website}

Monday, April 2, 2012

Board#182: Cotton & Cocoa

Finally we've had almost a whole week of no rain in Auckland... in fact it was positively beautifully autumn like last week!! Possibly our longest rain free stretch for months and months? Alas this week it's back to stormy windy weather! I'm praying to the weather gods that they turn it back on for next week as we have friends visiting from the US and are taking the week off to go on a bit of a road trip... including walking the Tongariro Crossing all going well!! I'm dying to do it so fingers crossed the sun comes out to play!!
We had a very productive week around our house... in between looking after Lady Charlie of course (boy oh boy she can be hard work! She's lucky she's so damn cute!!). Painted our front door green (love it!!), hung some pictures and mirrors up, got most the outside of the house washed, organised and tidied cupboards, planted a little garden corner that needed tidying up, caught up with friends for brunch, sorted out some light fittings, decorated a few spots in the house and I also managed to do my colour story shoot for Issue 3!! Phew that makes me feel tired just typing that list out. I LOVE organising and getting things done... I just wish I could feel that motivated all of the time!! On today's agenda... emails, emails, emails!!! If you're expecting one from me, today's the day!!
Today's board has us looking towards winter a bit... all warm and cosy!! How amazing is that cotton wreath? Would you stick to neutrals for your winter wedding or inject some colour into your scheme?

Photos from top left; Hot Chocolate | Tina Rupp, Pinecone Wreath | via Martha Stewart, Hot Chocolate on silver platter | Corbin Gurkin, Cotton Wreath | via Martha Stewart Weddings, Bride in Cotton Field | Simply Bloom, Cake | via Style Me Pretty, Interior | Ditte Isager, Cupcakes | Simply Bloom, Bride with veil | BHLDN

4 comments:

Christie O. {Hindsight Bride} said...

This I love (hmmm, talking like Yoda, I am...weird) Anyhoo, love the rustic wintery inspiration. While it's spring in the Sierra Nevada, it's still snowing and winter is firmly planted in my mind. Lovely board!

Lady Anne said...

Wow! I never thought of this color palette. Anyway, can we use chocolate cake as your wedding cake? Just wondering, not the usual white cakes. Groomsday

Brit {Colure Weddings} said...

Love the rustic feel, and love the idea of embellishing with cotton!

Chic Vintage Brides said...

That's made up my mind - Winter weddings all the way!! This board makes me want to get married all over again :-) x

Related Posts with Thumbnails