{website}

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Solstice Shoot by Kina Wicks

I have the prettiest of shoots for you today from Kina Wicks. Not only did she photograph this but she made the dress and the cake!! Talk about multi talented! I'll leave it to Kina to tell you more about her inspiration...

When this styled session was first hatched in my mind, I knew I wanted to create something light and airy feeling... almost fairy-like. I am extremely inspired by summer with all the long evenings, warmth and sunshine, so everything in the planning revolved around that. I was thrilled to have Sheila Jung from Ipomea Floral Designs on my team. She created the most luscious June bouquets and I wanted the session to fully showcase the beauty that creative florals can add to an event. I love to create... not only through my job as a photographer, but in general. Because of this, I decided to get to work and sew a dress that had been going through my imagination... it was very simple... a store bought peasant top, 28 yards of peach and cream tulle and a cotton candy pink ribbon at the waist to pull it all together. The cake was a simple confection that was made in my kitchen with the richest buttercream icing you every tasted in your life! One of the things I believe strongly in, is that for a wedding to be visually stunning and overflowing with beauty, it doesn't have to be elaborate. Some of the most lovely details, are really quite simple and surrounded by clean canvases. Mint tea is one of my favorite summer treats with mint picked from my urban porch garden... so I had to include that little touch:) Veronica Vital, the model and Leticia Benitez, Makeup artist really made the complete look come together, and brought everything else to life.

4 comments:

Sandra (Simply Peachy) said...

I love that dress! Gorgeous..

A Crimson Kiss said...

This shoot is so lush and gorgeous!

Kina Wicks Photography said...

Thank you for the feature!

Sheila said...

So much fun to see the how well everything went together! It was great to work with you, Kina!

Related Posts with Thumbnails