{website}

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Amalia's diary 2





For me it’s all things dress at the moment! I found a picture of what I wanted almost immediately and have been lucky enough to find a designer who has been able to turn my dream into a reality that also compliments my not-so-dreamlike body! I was a bit worried the picture with the model in it and the dress on a normal person would not quite work, but with a little design brilliance and some German engineering in the form of a few stays and bones, I feel like a model myself! Anna Schimmel was not only able to hear my vision and imagine something better; she was also able to turn the fantasy into something that suits my body type.

The thing I am finding really tricky at the moment is the shoes. It’s really hard to find pretty flat bridal shoes; they either look like first communion pumps or shoes for wartime nurses’ uniforms! And even worse, the are often as much as pretty heels. It’s funny how many bridal store and shoe shop assistants have said “why would you want flats?” So my current response, through gritted teeth as they’re bringing me a line of high heel shoes, is: “Because I want flats”. But I’ve struck gold at an Indian sari shop that has a collection of gorgeous flats in beautiful jewel- like colours. Perfect selection for bridesmaids and brides, and often there are embroidered shoes for little feet – suitable for flower girls. So now I have some delicately sparkly flats that will be comfortable, pretty and they were only $40!

As for other things we need to organise, we are in a lull at the moment. Everything that was urgent – like the reception venue or booking the church and finding the dress – has been done. The next big things we have on the wedding to do list are finding suits and meeting with our florist to discuss how the flowers will bring an added element to our day. I am busily collecting pictures of bouquets to show Sue from Flowers at Pink, and am thinking rich coloured orchids and other sumptuous blooms of some kind, but she will tell me how things work together and what is available at that time of year. Then I will be able to picture my dress, my shoes and my flowers!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails