{website}

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Real Wedding: Lana & James

I'm delighted to have another wedding to feature by the wonderfully talented Nicole Marsden! And this is one of my clients so it's extra special! The lucky things have just returned from an extended honeymoon backpacking through South America so I felt it was only fair that the happy couple themselves got to see their lovely pics before I posted them. Lana & James were lucky enough to get married at the beautiful Craggy Range Winery in the Hawkes Bay. Lana's gorgeous dress was made by Jane Yeh, the bridesmaids dresses were from Trelise Cooper and the hair and makeup were done by Zealous in Hastings. All stationery designed Ruby & Willow. We used a twisting leaf motif that worked in well with the Autum theme, presented it in a pale gold pocketfold with cascading information cards. You can see more of the stationery on here.




A few words from the bride:
How did you meet?
James had just moved to Auckland to work after being at Otago Uni and we met at his flat warming.
Tell us about your proposal:
We travelled around parts of Asia last summer and were on the island of Koh Phangan. One afternoon we decided to go kayaking along the coastline. We pulled into a secluded little beach for a rest and to admire the view. This is where James got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. He had had a temporary ring made (he knew I would want to choose my engagement ring) and was carrying it in his pocket. It was a lovely surprise!
Tell us about finding your wedding dress:
I had seen a picture of a Jane Yeh dress which I thought was exactly what I wanted so I went and tried it on. I really liked it but my consultant went away and came back with another dress that she suggested I try on ¨just for fun¨. This dress was made from gold silk organza and once I had it on I knew this was actually the dress for me.
What was the design inspiration for your wedding?
We decided to get married in Autumn at Craggy Range vineyard in Hawkes Bay so we wanted to incorporate the colours and images that would be seen in the vineyard at that time of year. I then added to this one of my favourite colours (pink) which was incorporated in my bridesmaids´ dresses and the flowers.
Describe your wedding flowers:
Lots of roses! Cream for me and a mix of different shades of pink for my bridesmaids and my flower girl. The flowers in the chapel for the ceremony were quite traditional. White and cream flowers with lots of lilies.
Describe your wedding cake:
I was the third cousin to get married in my extended family. My two cousins before me had asked our Auntie Anne (my Dad´s sister) to make their wedding cake and so I wanted to carry on this new family tradition. Anne is not a professional cake maker but has always had a reputation for being an excellent cook. She did an amazing job with our cake! It was three layers, each a different flavour (fruit, carrot and chocolate) and it was delicious. Each layer was adorned with pink roses. With over 10 cousins yet to be married I think she will be in high demand over the up and coming years!
Favourite detail of the day:
Walking into the chapel, as a good friend of ours was singing, to see all of our family and friends and James standing at the other end of the aisle.
What advise would you give out to someone planning their wedding?
Enjoy the planning stage as much as possible as the wedding day goes so quickly.
Most memorable moment?
The first time James and I saw each other.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails