{website}

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Real Wedding: Sian+ Callum III

More of the lovely details from Sian & Callum's Northland wedding. If you haven't caught up on today's real wedding feature scroll down to see more. Jody has done a fabulous job of capturing their spirits. There were plenty of DIY and budget elements to their wedding which Sian outlines below. All great advice...
Our venue allowed us to bring our own wine, so this allowed us to drink our favourite wines at a cheaper price. I think the people at my local Foodtown must have thought I was a bit of a party animal, I was in there every day of wine sale week for another case!
• I made the wedding invitations, lining envelopes with origami paper and making matching cranes that pop out when opening the card. I’m a complete stationery nerd so loved making them, but it also saved a lot of money.
• A lot of the styling such as paper cranes, place settings and the table list was origami and washi paper based, which whilst a bit time consuming to create, was inexpensive and had a really nice aesthetic.
• Callum’s mum made a profiterole tower as our cake. She made hundreds of profiteroles, so we didn’t have a desert course which was a big savings.
• Some little things go a long way – we had fish & chips in noodle boxes arrive at the marquee at 11.30, which was inexpensive but a fun surprise which was really enjoyed by all.
• Decide on where you really want to spend your money - I was all about the dress and also having beautiful photos that will be treasured for a lifetime – a million thanks to Akira and Jody!
Describe your wedding flowers:
Bouquets of blush, white and pale pink peonies for myself and my bridesmaids. I was really stuck on ideas for centrepieces, but when I talked to Kathy at Victoria Park flowers about the Japanese theme she came up with gorgeous ikebana style peony and steel grass centrepieces.
Any other details that help tell the story of your day?

I did the old, new, borrowed and blue thing – for old and borrowed I wrapped some beautiful old handkerchiefs from Callum’s Mum around my bouquet. My dress was new, and my toenails were painted blue.
Also Callum was super cute, surprising me in the morning of our wedding with some Tiffany & Co earrings – it was the first of many happy teary moments to come that day.


I think we can safely assume that this was well and truly the best day of their lives. Thanks for sharing guys!!



And coming up tomorrow....a FAB giveway. You don't want to miss this one!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails