{website}

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Real Wedding: Sian+ Callum II

Jody Lidstone is the fabulous photographer behind these dreamy images. I love this little montage of the two of them having fun, completely in the moment under the pier. Sian's stunning dress is by designer Akira Isogawa and her lucky bridesmaids are dressed by NZ's own Karen Walker. Sian has kindly shared some more details of her day with us...

How did you meet?

A friend of mine was going to DJ at my 21st and asked if he could bring along his flatmate Callum, also a DJ, so that he wasn’t stuck behind the decks all night and could spend some time enjoying the party. Callum stopped me in my tracks and made my heart skip a beat that night, and 10 fun filled years later we were tying the knot!
Tell us about your proposal:
We were on holiday in Japan and for the last two nights decided to splash out and stay at the New Otani Hotel, which is built around a gorgeous 400-year old Japanese garden, complete with enormous carp fish, red lacquer bridges and a waterfall. Callum took me for a walk through the garden before we went out for dinner and proposed at the bottom of the waterfall…dreamy!
Tell us about finding your wedding dress:
My Mum and I went to Sydney on a shopping mission, and after searching the length of Oxford St and not finding anything worth trying on I pinned my hopes on Akira Isogawa – an amazing designer my bridesmaid Philippa suggested. His dress was the first one I tried on and I fell in love with it immediately, it’s like a work of art.
What was the inspiration for your wedding?
About two months after returning from Japan I bought some raffle tickets at work, and crazily enough won first prize which was a flight to Tokyo… so it was back to Japan for our honeymoon! We had so much fun there and I love Japanese style and design so the wedding theme had to be Japanese-inspired.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails