{website}

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Real Wedding: Laura + Nicholas

Sometimes a client comes along who you know you're just going to love, and this was the case with Laura. She had her own fantastic ideas and had done her research, but was also very willing to let me do my thing and put her faith in me to come up with some varying options for her. You can see her invitations post here. Laura and her good friend Helen did a lot of research into this wedding, sourcing a lot of things themselves, spending a lot of time on blogs and then DIYing a lot to end up with the gorgeous day you see below. They were so inspired they have since started their own blog so be sure to check that out for plenty of lovely inspiration. The stunning photography is courteous of Jo Grams from ModaPhotographica. I have admired their photography for a long time so I'm thrilled to get something of their up on the blog. You can see another of theirs by Johannes Van Kan here.
This wedding is pure girly vintage gorgeousness at it's best! Laura shares some details with us below:

How did you meet?
Nick and I worked in the same mall. I in a clothing store and he at a coffee shop. I hated the coffee but he was cute. He asked for my number and the rest is history.
Tell us about your proposal:
On Valentines day 2008, Nick made me a beautiful dinner. Afterward I gave him his gift and he told me to close my eyes. When I opened them, he was on his knee in front of me. He didn't get a lot out as he was crying but I got the gist and of course said YES!
Tell us about finding your wedding dress:
Deciding on a style was so hard. Reading wedding magazines doesn't help as you keep changing your mind every 5 minutes. I settled on something flowy and simple. Meringue is not my style at all. I had my gown made by a lovely dressmaker in Christchurch. We used a souffle chiffon which is lovely and soft and end result looks slightly Grecian. There is some beaded lace detail around the waistline to add a little bit of interest.
What was the inspiration for your wedding?
I love vintage!!!!! My location was my parents back yard in a marquee so I knew I could really decorate it however I wanted. So I spent the year hunting for vintage silverware, and that was my starting point.

3 comments:

Steph {bubblerock} said...

Wow. I want to see more.
Great teaser this post. She has the same spirit as me... I mean the bride. Can't wait for more.

Anonymous said...

HI! I'm also a bride getting married in Chch - I would love to know who made Laura's dress. It's beautiful!

Laura said...

Hi,

My dress was made by a lady called Phillipa who I found through Grace and Lace fabrics in ChCh. She was great. She made my dress pretty much from a drawing I did for her plus a few pics from magazines.

Laura X

Related Posts with Thumbnails