{website}

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Real Wedding: Laura + Nicholas II

We are back with more of this gorgeous vintage style wedding by Jo Grams from ModaPhotographica. When I said Laura DIY'd a lot of it, I mean she did her own flowers!! That's a brave endeavour if ever I heard.

Any DIY/Budget elements?
I'm a trained florist so I was adamant I was doing the flowers myself. I am so glad I did but I would not recommend it if you have no experience. Its pretty stressful. I was lucky to have a florist friend to help me too. I did a lot myself but had the good sense to leave some things to the experts eg. my invitations. Thanks Kate!
Describe your wedding flowers:
I wanted silverware packed with yummy luscious roses in soft peaches, pinks and ivory mixed with dahlias. I wanted a garden look so I grew my own dahlias and the really pulled through on the day for me. Unlike my David Austin roses which didn't yield much. Out of five bushes I managed to get three blooms and they all went into my bridal bouquet!
Favorite detail of the day:
I would have to say my favorite detail was the favors. They were really cute and inside were retro lollies like conversation hearts and stripey lollipops. The food was amazing! Movable feasts did a fantastic job.
What advise would you give out to someone planning their wedding?
Don't hold back. If you want something, go ahead and do it (within reason.) You want NO regrets. Also I would say try to be super organised. I left a lot to the last minute and that was a mistake. I couldn't complete everything and I missed out on using some of the details I had planned. I still feel sad about that. Lastly, hire an amazing photographer as these images will be all that's physically left of your day, and will remind you how wonderful it was for the rest of your life.

1 comment:

dognbird said...

The DIY flowers look gorgeous. I love the vintage vibe of this wedding. It's just gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails