{website}

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Real Wedding: Nikki + Kappie II

Like I said....we do have a groom....and doesn't he look dapper! (love that word). I love the colour combo and the casual look with the shirt sleeves rolled up - works perfectly for the look of their wedding. This has to be one of my favourite weddings I've posted. I totally adore the icecream shop sequence! So cute. Lizelle Lotter did a fantastic job of capturing the essence of this couple, I think their personalities really shine through here, and having been in touch with Nikki over email I can vouch for the fact that she really is as sweet as she looks...not to mention a talented photographer in her own right. Stay tuned we have more goodness coming up (there were so many great photos to choose from!)

What was the inspiration for your wedding?
We wanted our wedding to be a casual affair and outside. Beloftebos was ideal for what we had in mind – an outdoor ceremony under a canopy of trees and the reception held in a Bedouin tent. Being a wedding photographer myself I have seen so many weddings and was so inspired by what I have seen in the past, that it was quite difficult to decide on all the elements which made our day so special for us.
Any DIY/Budget elements?
I designed the stationery myself. We did not have a wedding cake (instead the venue prepared a delicious cheese cake which the florist decorated with roses on the day).
Describe your wedding flowers:
My colour scheme was ice cream colours – mostly soft pinks, blues, mauve and faded moss green. I wanted the over all look to be soft, fresh and romantic.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails