{website}

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Real Wedding: Nikki + Kappie

Last week we posted a gorgeous South African wedding by Nikki Meyer and this week you're in for a real treat as we have Nikki's gorgeous wedding to share with you. Beautifully captured by the very talented Lizelle Lotter - be sure to head over to her website and blog to check out more of her work. First up shots of a very gorgeous Nikki getting ready. How stunning is that dress... and those lace gloves....seriously how chic are they? And yes we do have some of the equally lovely groom coming up!!

Don't forget to enter our fabulous necklace giveaway by Emma Walsh - you have until Friday to leave a comment here.

How did you meet?
We met on a crisp Autumn day in May 2007 at an Olive Festival in Riebeeck Kasteel, Western Cape, SA. Kappie was a new comer to our circle of friends and the moment I saw him I was head over heels in love with those blonde curly hair, blue eyes and wide smile. We started dating in October that year.
Tell us about your proposal:

It was last year on the 11th of October. I shot a wedding at Strandkombuis, Yzerfonein along the West Coast and Kappie joined me. The next morning he was up early preparing a flask of coffee, telling me that he would love an early morning walk along the beach, of course I was keen (the expression on his face told me I did not have much of a choice☺. After enjoying our coffee and rusks he suddenly got down on his knees in the sand and popped the question, I was teary eyed and very overwhelmed, but obviously very excited!
Tell us about finding your wedding dress:
I wanted something romantic and vintage which to me meant a lot of lace and an antique brooch! I found Elizabeth Stockenstrom on the internet (a friend referred me), when I saw her gowns, I knew I did not have to look any further.

3 comments:

dognbird said...

What a happy wedding. Love the pink details!

postcards and pretties said...

what a sweet proposal & wedding...congrats to the happy couple

Jacqueline Weppner said...

What a beautiful wedding - I love all the soft and pretty details!

Related Posts with Thumbnails