{website}

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Real Wedding: Kate + Keith

Okay, I cannot lie.... I very nearly got up off my seat and did a little happy dance when Greta Kenyon from Vela Images sent over this stunner of a wedding (again it's tropical - are you sensing a theme this week?) Greta is new to Magnolia Rouge and I'm utterly thrilled she sent this in just in time for me to post it before I went away. It is beyond gorgeous!! I'm totally loving he yellow and blue combo... and well, brides don't come more stunning than this - and hey the groom ain't half bad either :-) Lucky for us, Kate - the bride - is here to give us some of the details...and stick around for part deux!

How did you meet?
It was third time lucky for us – our paths crossed a couple of times but the 3rd time we meet we really hit it off – I made it memorable by accidentally dropping Keith’s phone off a balcony but he called me anyway and asked me out.
Tell us about your proposal:
We were in Sydney for the weekend, about two weeks before our two year anniversary. We were staying at Bondi and on our last day there we did the walk to Coogee so I could show Keith where I used to live when I was at Sydney Uni. He proposed at the end of the walk on the cliffs above Bondi – it was gorgeous!
Tell us about finding your wedding dress:
I shopped around with friends and my mother – I found it really helped having a 2nd or 3rd or 4th opinion. But I left the decision to the last minute anyway and ended up ordering a gown from Spanish label la Sposa – it was perfect for a beach wedding because it was breathable and light so I was able to wear it all night.
What was the inspiration for your wedding? 
Tropical/Beach - because it was a tropical wedding. We wanted to keep it fun and not feel stressed out so a beach wedding was perfect for us. Save the date cards and the invitation both followed the tropical/ beach theme. I used Fijian words to name the tables.
Any DIY/Budget elements?
My grandmother really wanted to contribute so she helped with the flowers - she made the bridesmaid flowers, the grooms men’s button holes. Mum organised the cake and took it over to Fiji from NZ. It was difficult to do much DIY because it was a destination wedding.
Describe your wedding flowers:
I had white orchids with greenery. The bridesmaids had some orchids, frangipani and a whole selection of tropical flowers that were in season. The grooms men’s button holes were frangipani.
Favourite detail of the day:
Keith sent me a really sweet card the morning of the wedding – that almost made me cry. Our celebrant was the cutest old, Fijian minister who couldn’t pronounce our names but did the most lovely blessing – that definitely made me cry!I loved all the speeches and that one of my friends sang for us – I wasn’t going to ruin my makeup again by crying again though!
We were there a week (which was fantastic to get to spend some time with all our guests) and we had perfect weather; then on the day of the wedding it was a little bit overcast but suddenly the sun came out in the middle of the ceremony – which was special also. And our sunset; the sky turned an amazing colour.
I loved, loved, loved my dress!

I love the whole day!


1 comment:

postcards and pretties said...

what a sweet proposal.. congrats to the happy couple

Related Posts with Thumbnails