{website}

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Real Wedding: Anna + Grant

If pink is your thing then today's gorgeous Waiheke Island wedding from Jo Wickham is right up your alley....full of pretty, pink, girly details, not to mention a très romantique proposal as Anna shares some of the details with us...

Ooo la la – last June we were in Paris for the weekend (we live in London) to watch the French Open tennis final. We went out on Saturday night to a beautiful rooftop restaurant overlooking Paris and at midnight with the Eiffel tower light display going off Grant asked me to marry him! Of course I said yes! …actually I think I said are you serious? Oh my gosh – get down on one knee! Which he did and then he pulled out a beautiful little ring from Tiffany with a little pink sapphire in it (we later went ring shopping and bought the real one).
I did a lot of DIY! Mainly because I couldn’t find or buy exactly what I wanted but also because I wanted the wedding to have a homemade vintage feel. With help from my two sisters I bought the A & G letters and painted them, I made the order of service cards, I tied different coloured pink ribbon around each napkin and made the table plan and name cards, I also made a map of the island for the invitations and lots of other little details. It all took a while but I think it was worth it.



Our flowers were pink pink pink!(and some white!) I love all shades of pink - we even dyed the water in the vases at Cable Bay different shades of pink! The flowers were simple, I wanted them to look like we’d just picked them (sort of!). I couldn’t get cherry blossom branches but the florist had a lovely idea of having willow branches in tall vases with gypsophila wired into the branches which looked very pretty.

4 comments:

WeddingXpert said...

I'm really digging the eclecticism here...the two tone bridesmaid dresses, the mismatched china - it adds such charm :)

postcards and pretties said...

very cute!! love the porcelain blue paired with the pink!!

dognbird said...

Love the pop of pink, those little girls are adorable!

Life,Styled said...

Adorable! Love the pink, and the tea cups...and of course the cat just looks soooo pleased with himself I can't help but love him too!

xoxo
kristi

Related Posts with Thumbnails