{website}

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Real Wedding: Anna + Grant II

Thanks to Joanna Wickham for sending in this gorgeous wedding, and to Anna and Grant for sharing it with us. Anna proves that you don't have to wear the dress as you bought it, with some ingenuity she transformed it into something that made it unique to her...

It was so funny – it was the very first one I tried on!! I had wanted a strapless dress but my mother was adamant that I should get one with straps and annoyingly, as always, she was right! I bought a very plain dress and then had an amazing lady do the embellishments – she took French lace and embroidered it with tiny crystals and pearls to make it really special. I was so happy with how it turned out.

We have a house on Waiheke and LOVE the island so we always knew that we would want to get married there and we also really wanted to have the reception at Cable Bay so it was very lucky that they had a date free. I guess the inspiration was the Island as we wanted the whole day to be very relaxed and outdoors and my favourite colour is pink so that was also an important inspiration!



It was great that we had so many family members there – Grant’s sisters did readings and his nieces were our flower girls. Both of our grandmothers were there too. As NZ is so far from London where a lot of my school friends are we also recently had a London wedding reception that was a lot of fun as I got to wear my dress again!



Vendors: Dress {Dessy}, Embellishments {Jacqueline Byrne}, Shoes {LK Bennett}, Bridesmaids Dresses {LK Bennett}, Venue {Cable Bay Vineyard}, Cake {Sweet Cakes}, Florist {Wild Flower}, Stationery {Letterpress of Cirencester, UK}

1 comment:

WeddingXpert said...

It's almost fate when you fall in love with the first dress you try on, and this one looked stunning on her. Good choice, girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails