{website}

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Real Wedding: Brooke + Gareth

More from this stunning wedding from Michele Austen. Head over to her site to check out more of her gorgeous work, or view previous weddings we've featured here and here. The lovely bride, Brooke shares a few more details with us...

Our florist, Jo Mann, used a combination of ivory roses, double lisianthus & ivy for all the bouquets. She also created the most stunning arrangements of white lilies, lisianthus, and bells-of-Ireland for the venue.




What advise would you give out to someone planning their wedding?
Choose the right people for the job. All of our vendors (suppliers) I loved instantly! I knew from our first meeting I could trust them to do an amazing job for us. They all play small but very significant parts on the day. All their support & advice during the lead up to our special day was priceless. You need to trust them - they are the professionals and they do this everyday - well every other day.





Anything other details that help tell the story of your day?
Elizabeth at A la Robe made the gorgeous crystal necklaces for my sister Yvette & friend Friena who were my bridesmaids. At the time, my Mum reminded me of a similar crystal necklace that belonged to my much cherished paternal grandmother, who sadly passed away when I was younger. She went home and searched high & low for the necklace and eventually found it broken in the bottom of our ‘dress up’ box. Elizabeth made a beautiful job of re-stringing the necklace and as soon as I saw it, I knew that would have to be my “something old” and so I chose to wear it wrapped around my wrist on the day. It was so special, I felt like Grandma was with me at every step of the day.

Thank you to the lovely couple for sharing their day with us, we wish you the very best of luck for a happy future together.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails