{website}

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waiheke Island Vineyard Wedding Part II

We're back with some more of the gorgeous wedding that Emma Hughes sent over. Ingrid & Shaun got married at the beautiful Estate on Waiheke Island, on the same day that both Ingrid's parents and grandparents had several years before them.

We included many of the wedding traditions, but I think the most special of ours would be the date, and I also carried my paternal grandmother’s pearls, which my Grandad had gifted to me (at 10 years of age) that I would have with me on my wedding day.



My flowers (by Wildflower on Waiheke) were a mismatch of wild, country flowers, that were as fragrant as they were pretty, and tied with raffia. I wanted flowers that looked as if they were straight out of a field. My bouquet was mostly in ivories, with the bridesmaid’s flower having pinks, purples and blues.
I ordered bunches of the same wild flowers to be used on the tables, and we did the flowers ourselves, using my grandmother’s preserving jars and milk bottles as vases.




Head over to Emma's blog to see more of her fabulous work. Thank you so much to the lovely couple for letting us share their day. I wish you all the best for a happy future!

2 comments:

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

What a charming wedding! I love how she carried her grandmother's pearls - what a way to start a new tradition!

Erin said...

everything about this is fun, carefree, chic - so beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails