{website}

Friday, October 15, 2010

Blue... the ways I love thee...

I had so much fun putting together this fun little post about the ways I like red in a wedding, I thought I'd start to work my way through other colours. Starting with blue.... again not one of my favourite colours in it's true bluest form. I love a smoky duckegg blue, or a teal blue, or a navy but it's just not my go to colour. For the purposes of this exercise I've steered clear of a more teal blue and just stuck to a regular shade (if there is such a thing). There's two more to come but I'm saving them for next week!

If you want to see how I like red click here.

Blue with wisteria. So utterly pretty and feminine. Perfect for a kitchen tea or shower. Bring in Navy and Plum to give it depth, use lots of vintage china, toile fabric, lush garden roses and you're onto a sure thing. Invitation: Etoile.
Blue with a sunshiny, lemony yellow. An instant mood lifter. I definitely see this being used for a more casual outdoor wedding, lots of fresh fruit, picnic boxes, seersucker suits, vibrant modern design touches. Or a nautical theme... these colours lend themselves perfectly for that. Invitation: Arboretum.
Blue with warm sandy tones. Truly delectable!! I feel peaceful just looking at it. Suited for a classic, refined soiree. Elegant, but with room to inject some vintage touches. It lends a very soft, dreamy appeal. Could also be used for a informal beach wedding. Invitation: Amour.

6 comments:

postcards and pretties said...

love all three sets! your stationary is lovely!!

The Demoiselle said...

Your sense of color floors me every time! Such beautiful combinations.

BridalHood said...

I adore your inspiration boards and color palettes - such a good eye for it!

Naomi said...

Oh Kate,it's hard to choose a fave but the Sand & Buff it gorgeous!!

The Ivory Dahlia said...

If it was possible to eat a digital image.... I would have devoured all of these!
I am definitely in the same boat as you. True blue is shocking, but its muted siblings can be divine!

Annie @ Marry You Me said...

These are such pretty color combos, and I love the way you put them together! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails