{website}

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Urban Engagement Shoot by Erin King

Wahoo.... it's the weekend!! We'll be laying low for much of it as the hubby had his (badly impacted) wisdom teeth out yesterday and as you can imagine, well he's looking rather puffy and not feeling much like being out in public! So whilst one of us is chilling out eating plenty of pureed foods, I'll be catching up on some work, doing a bit of home DIY and walking the pup! Today's engagement shoot is something a little different for Magnolia Rouge. It's not often I feature urban style shoots but something about this one by Erin King really resonated with me. Perhaps cause I've recently been to Melbourne and love this city, or perhaps that the couple really just look like they're being themselves which is what I love about Engagement shoots.

From Erin: "The only way I can describe this couple session is crazy, kookie and cool. This couple are styley, creative and completely crazy and this photo session was very typical of their personalities. Joanna & Chris who are currently based in Brisbane wanted to have a couple photography session while holidaying for a long weekend in Melbourne. They wanted a fun session that captures both of their personalities as well as the style and character of Melbourne as a way to remember this time in their relationship and their time spent in Melbourne – one of their favourite cities, at some of Melbourne’s most iconic city locations. Our shoot took place in and around the city on what turned out to be a lovely Melbourne morning. We started out at the Melbourne GPO, headed to Melbourne’s iconic graffeti art Hoiser Lane, then onto Federation Square and down to the riverside. During the shoot I had my work cut out for me with keeping up with the improvisation and theatricals this exuberant couple were mixing up. They were running, jumping, dancing, hugging, laughing and just generally being silly and having a lot of fun in the process. What resulted is a beautiful set of photographic memories that captures these two completely being themselves, having fun and being in love."


From the Couple: Chris says: “Jo and I have been together for almost a year now, and in that time she has brought so much into my life. We share a relationship that is supportive, playful, and occasionally very competitive. We complement each other perfectly, and we always aim to do things with style”. These two met through improvised theatre, and somewhere between walks around the neighbourhood and performing scenes, a relationship evolved. Jo says "it’s been super easy as we never fight and I count myself lucky that I have someone who is so accepting, makes me laugh and who’s thoughts continue to intrigue me." Jo says the photography session with Erin was no different to hanging out with a friend. The photos are gorgeous, full of fun and we had a hilarious time looking through all the photos. 

Photography | Erin King Photographer, Millinery | House of Nines Design, Dress | Jigsaw, Hair | Confidente, Make up | Mecca Cosmetica

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails