{website}

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Real Wedding: Carla + Joakim

We have a feast of girlishness for you this morning with the loveliest of weddings from the gorgeous Nikki Meyer - she of that stunning wedding we featured a few weeks ago. I love how the vibrant colours of the flowers look in the moody tones of these images.

How did you meet?
Joakim and I met at a church cell group. He is half Danish and half English and I am 100% Afrikaans. The first time we met he made some comment about Afrikaans and I got very upset. I didn’t like this guy at all and I remember I thought, “I wish you end up with an Afrikaans girl one day!” My wish came true, in a way I would never have imagined.
Tell us about your proposal:
Joakim proposed to me on our 10 month anniversary. His whole flat was lit up with candles and he made a fancy dinner (he is a great cook!). After dessert we were sitting on the couch and he took the ring out of his pocket and asked me to marry him.
Tell us about finding your wedding dress:
A friend recommended a dressmaker that she used for her dress. I made an appointment with her and found the perfect dress during my first visit. I rented the dress from her and she altered it slightly to fit me perfectly.
What was the inspiration for your wedding?
We had a small budget, so we had to be creative. Joakim’s mother’s garden in the fairytale town of Greyton was the perfect venue (and we could use it for free). I chose an English garden theme to complement the venue. We wanted the wedding to be cosy and informal, yet beautiful and stylish. Guests sat on pouffes at low tables with big, white Chinese lanterns hanging over them. We pulled the pink and blue Biggie Best fabric theme through all elements – from invitations to table seatings to runners. We also served delicious ice-cold homemade lemonade in glass bottles.

1 comment:

Brancoprata said...

That is one gorgeous bouquet!! And the bride looks so happy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails