{website}

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Real Wedding: Carla + Joakim II

You're going to flip over these details... how gorgeous are they? I'm loving the fabric using for the tables which works perfectly with the mini flower arrangements. The details have been so well thought out and considering the bride and groom - together with some family help - put it all together themselves it looks simply amazing. The lovely Nikki Meyer is the talent behind these gorgeous photos - you can see another of her weddings we recently featured here.

Any DIY/Budget elements?
We had a limited budget, so did everything ourselves (except the catering and flowers). A designer friend made the invites for me as a favour and the rest of the designing and printing I did myself. Joakim and I went to a hiring place to source the cutlery, furniture and décor elements we needed. My bridesmaids, parents, in-laws and Joakim and I worked very hard the day before the wedding to get everything ready. It was hard work, but it was SO worth it! I think the fact that we were so involved in every little detail really made it feel like it was OUR wedding, not just a cold venue that someone else decorated.
Describe your wedding flowers:
We gave our florist a budget of only R2000 and she did a magnificent job. The flowers were a mixture of soft and bright pinks, greens and whites - it complemented our theme beautifully. We also had arrangements in birdcages hanging from trees. The florist had a stand that suited our theme perfectly and she made some beautiful arrangements in silver kettles for it.
Favourite detail of the day:
My favourite detail of the day was a pearly wax flower that I wore in my hair. It was the same flower my grandmother wore in her hair on her wedding day many years ago. My grandmother was very sick at the time and she couldn’t be at our wedding, so it felt like I had a little piece of her with me. She passed away a week after we got married.
What advise would you give out to someone planning their wedding?
Everyone is going to have an opinion about your wedding – from parents to in-laws to bridesmaids. It is very important to remember it is YOUR day! My parents hated the pouffes and low tables idea and they didn’t want us to get married in a garden where we will have to do all the set-up and clean-up work. After many stupid fights over the phone, I decided that it’s our day, they had their wedding years ago. It’s good to listen to advice and keep the peace, but ultimately you should get to choose how you would like your dream day to be. So, bottom-line, don’t be scared to put your foot down for what you want.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails