{website}

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A wedding in France

There is nothing nicer than once I've finished a job for a client, to receive photos of them on their wedding day looking so incredibly happy and in love.... particularly when I've never met them. And what's even better is when they fly half way across the world for their honeymoon and they come and visit you!!! (well not just to see me... but they were in the neighbourhood!!). Yep, Maud and Thomas got married in France earlier this year and then they spent part of their honeymoon in New Zealand (in winter... I kept apologising for the rain!!) They went out of their way to come to my place and meet me and we sat over coffee for an hour or so getting to know each other. It was honestly such a wonderful experience and they were the. loveliest. people. ever!! So so sweet!! AND they bought me this fabulous macaron kit to make my very own (that will be when my inner domestic goddess makes her appearance in the new house - my husband's been looking for her for 10 yrs now!!). Oh but it's in French so I need it translated first too!
Anyway I'm rambling... here are some gorgeous photos of their wedding (invitation photos by me, wedding photos courtesy of Artais Studio). Don't you just love her dress? So nice seeing a stunning dress with sleeves.

Maud & Thomas, it was such a pleasure doing your stationery for you and a complete delight to meet you both. I wish you so much happiness together, and if I'm ever in France I hope to meet you over a real French macaron or five! And again - I'm sorry for the rain!!

6 comments:

brancoprata said...

ohhh that last image is epic!!!!!!!

Jasmine @ Sutherland Kovach said...

+1 Brancoprata - just beautiful! Et les invitations sont tres belle aussi!

Kate said...

Jasmine - seriously? French? I'm going to have to google that to translate :-)

Maud said...

Dear Kate,
thank you for featuring us on your blog, it is sweet and exciting! It was indeed very pleasant to get to know you and New Zealand is definitely a great place despite the rain! Please come to Paris and visit!

A bientôt ;)

Maud

The Demoiselle said...

the bustle on this dress is just magnifique! ;) as is your work!

postcards and pretties said...

beautiful both the images & stationary

Related Posts with Thumbnails