{website}

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Red... the ways I love thee...

Yesterday I mentioned I had a love/hate relationship with red. Whilst it certainly isn't my go-to colour, sometimes I think it's totally fabulous! So just for fun I've put together a few vignettes of how I DO like red, and naturally I had to pair each one up with an invitation from the Signature Collection. Now looking at these I may have to reassess my stance on red... perhaps having come with all these options I do like it after all. As long as it's on my own terms :-) What would you pair it with?

Love it with this chartreuse green, it's very funky and contemporary. And I like the industrial edge that the grey/charcoal lends it. I see quite a modern wedding in this colour scheme in an urban setting. Invitation: Letteria.
Ahh blue and red... could conjur up very patriotic red, white and blue images but not so with a softer rhubarb red paired with a pale blue, or a lovely turquoise. So so pretty! Invitation: Dauphine.
This is quite possibly my favourite; mixing the vibrance and strength of red with the earthy tones (did I hear a rustic in there?). Throw in some red ticking cloth and I'm all over it. Invitation: Dogwood.
How utterly divine does the red look with this apricot!! I think this combination oozes femininity - could be a struggle getting the Mr to go with it however! Invitation: Charleston.
And lastly, I'm pushing the boundaries of red per-say, it's more of a warm brick/terracotta shade but it's close. And it's so inviting with these autumnal tones. Invitation: Grove.
And there we have it, my little study of red!! Have a great day!

7 comments:

The Loveliest Day said...

I love the combos you've put together! I agree, red isn't my favorite color, but paired properly, it can be amazing!

Steph said...

I love it. I wouldn't have red alone at a wedding but it still brings so much pop and fun. Love it.

The Ivory Dahlia said...

I love red with eggshell, and grey. You have to soften red with something I think. Red and white is not for me.
Lxx

fiona andersen said...

oooooo GOD THESE ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!

Lana {lanalou style} said...

Love the apricot/sage and champagne/burlap combos, gorgeous!!

Brancoprata said...

I can't choose a favorite... i really can't, they all have so much potential!!!!

Annie @ Marry You Me said...

these palettes are fantastic!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails